Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Boss's Day...what?

Yeah, you heard it right, apparently Oct 16th is Boss's day (as if they need a special day...b/c it's not like they're your Boss every other day or anything). A few helpful snippets from the Wiki article:

* "Patricia Bays Haroski registered "National Boss's Day" with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in 1958. [She] chose October 16 because she forgot that the birthday of her boss, who was her father, was actually on the 16th."
* "Holiday has been the source of some controversy and criticism in the United States, where it is often mocked as a Hallmark Holiday"

For some reason, people in India apparently care about this made-up holiday. I got an email from my assistant wishing me a Happy Boss's Day. How should I celebrate?

4 comments:

  1. your assistant should take you out for drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He would bankrupt them.

    - Varun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have your assistant wish your boss's assistant a Happy Boss's Day on behalf of you??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Varun, sadly I think you are right. But it's not because of my drinking prowess alas.

    ReplyDelete