Monday, October 26, 2009

Domino's: 30 min delivery or I'm dead

Everyone in Mumbai has a Domino's story. In a city of 20 million with ailing civic services and crumbling public infrastructure, you might imagine getting from place to place takes an extraordinarily long period of time. Given this, the fact that Domino's guarantees a 30-min delivery or it's free in this city is amazing to say the least. May be their mopeds give them a competitive advantage.

Now onto some choice quotes from my Mumbaiker friends regarding Domino's:

* "Domino's delivery guys are hands down the most unsafe drivers in all of Mumbai...and that's saying something"

* "I once saw a Domino's delivery guy get hit by a car. Fall 10 feet away from his bike. Then get up, run to his moped and run off to his next delivery"

Also, for those of you that know how I eat will be proud to heard that I finally had my first Domino's experience albeit the authenticity of the event maybe called into question given that it was India. I don't think Domino's in the US serves spicy chili pepper pizza...although it should!

No comments:

Post a Comment