Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween in Mumbai

So, as those of you may have noticed. I don't post for a few days and then do 3 posts on one day. If you think this is because during the days I'm not posting I'm basically working 24/7 with occasional breaks to sleep, you are right.

However, I'm hoping I won't have work this weekend as I'm invited to a Halloween Party at the Washington House (US Embassy) in Bombay. Given that it's schnazzy event, I need a fun, recognizable yet classy idea.

I was originally thinking of being Kanye West, but I don't think that's going to cut it. For those of you that don't know, I have a history of terrible/unoriginal costumes for Halloween, e.gs from the last two years:

* Vijay Singh (me wearing all white and a golf cap)
* Cookes and Cream (me wearing a different all white ensemble sans golf hat)

As you can see, I need help. Thoughts??

10 comments:

  1. Nehru? You'd get a sweet hat and jacket out of the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. charlie and i are going to be don and betty draper, it's not too tough..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm digging the Mad Men idea! I want to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. naipaul. you could have a friend follow you around with her face beaten up and she could be your first wife, Pat. i can already tell i'm going to have too much fun with this game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim I like how you think. That's where I was going with the Kanye idea...I was gonna get a blonde white girl to follow me crying, pretending to be Taylor Swift. Oooh, too soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. no i think that would be cute. maybe i'll try and make lily be taylor for halloween. if only i had more black friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. michael jackson and his doctor. i actually noted the other day that you weigh the same as he did when he died.

    ReplyDelete
  8. if only you were a girl, you could go as dorota. or minion #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg i've got it - you should go as chewy! i would totally be chelsea...too bad we're not in the same place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We should just carry a picture of each other in costume and explain to people what we are.

    Also, what do you mean, I should be Chuy? What are you saying my height/English?

    ReplyDelete