Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dollar state of mind

India has gotten 10% more expensive in the last 10 days. No, India isn't in hyperinflation. The US Dollar has depreciated ~10% since I arrived. I'm still stuck in a dollar state of mind, as in I still convert all prices into US dollars before I buy things. Given that I'm a consummate consumer (can I say that?), this is especially painful.

However, if I step back, now that I'm being paid in rupees, this will be awesome for when I visit foreign countries!

2 comments:

  1. seriously dude! just think of it as a raise! I'm in the same spot, it's awesome. Just try to wait to buy clothes, etc. when you're back in the states, it will feel so cheap! PS - movies in switzerland are $18!!!!!!!! what a jip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18 is pretty ridic. Thank God somethings are still cheap in India (unfortunately nice dinner isn't one of them). Also, are you in the US right now? Why are you up at hits hour...

    ReplyDelete