Monday, February 1, 2010

Repat/Expat journey resumes after mid-season hiatus...

As many of you know, I've been held hostage in New York for the past month or so...by the Indian government. In an ironic twist, after getting my US citizenship, my Indian visa application was rejected.* Indian bureaucracy stayed true to form with below follow-ups regarding my visa application:

(1) "Purpose for which visa is sought?" The two response options are "construction" and "commissioning."
(2) Name and address of project site
(3) Total manpower required

I suppose, my job can be a bit difficult to understand, but I never thought it could be interpreted as a construction worker.


Anyway, the good news is that I now finally have a visa to return to India and will be back in Bombay by Wed night! After a month's exile, my repat journey can restart; albeit, I guess it's technically just a boring expat journey now.

Teasers for upcoming episodes on Journey of a Repat: "Fitness...Mumbai style" and "Healthy Eating in Land of Sugar and Ghee."


* Not officially rejected--just returned repeatedly for more "information" when the application was more than complete

No comments:

Post a Comment