Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Aaah, the difficult life of an Expat

Of the many things I'll miss about the US, one that I may miss the most is access to good television ( I know, I know, I should have just bought a slingbox and put it at my parent's place but they're anti-cable people, what to do??). Normally, without my DVR on the road, Hulu would do the trick; I could load up on my 30 Rock, Office etc. Now this is what I get on Hulu:




Don't ask about the things I do these days to score some good TV. It's neither pleasant nor legal. J/K... Or am I?

3 comments:

  1. In theory, you could route your traffic through a proxy server, which would probably be good enough for your purposes. Does Hulu require your assent to some terms of service before you view that precludes you from engaging in aforementioned routing shenanigans? Is viewing implicit assent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think viewing would be implicit assent (given how advanced Hulu is). Trust me, I've tried proxy servers and free VPNs. They've blocked all of those. The only thing left to do is suck it up an pay for a VPN like some of my expat friends have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. come join the club. Canadians get the same treatment!

    ReplyDelete