Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Not-so-friendly skies?

Some of you may have already about this, but those that haven't: a interesting encounter on my return Jet Airways flight from Calcutta. See below super-accurate transcript.*


Sri: You're in my seat
Passenger: No, I'm not [shows boarding pass]
Sri: Oh, they assigned us the same set. Flight attendant, fix this.
Flight attendant: Why don't you sit in this non-reclining seat instead?
Sri: No.
Flight attendant: Gucci/Prada Lady, will you sit that crappy seat instead of that guy?
Gucci/Prada Lady: Sure
Sri [thought bubble]: Wtf, ok, I'll take it.
Sri: That was nice of that lady to move
New Neighbor: Yeah...why are you here?
Crazy Girl In-Front (CGI): Who are you? Why you are here? What happened?
[Situation explained by Sri in detail]
CGI: Flight attendant, you're bad at your job. Is door open? Call ground staff. Ground staff, you also suck. How could this happen?
[All embarrassed staff members leave with heads-down]
Sri:
Wow, thanks for that? This flight from Calcutta is always late and service on this airline sucks.
CGI: No, you suck. This airline is awesome. It's always on-time and has great service.
[2-hour verbal altercation follows]
Sri: Wtf is CGI's problem?
New Neighbor: She's daughter of the CEO and Chairman of Jet Airways. But don't worry, I'm head of Jet Airways HR. Give me your business card. I'll upgrade you to Platinum by Monday.
Sri: Oh. ... Can you also give me her number?

****Epilogue****
(1) Proclaimed identity of CGI was verified to be accurate
(2) Gucci/Prada Lady was a Jet exec that decided to change seats instead of prolong a potentially embarrassing situation for the airline
(3) I did not get upgraded to Plantium on Jet
(4) Finally, I may or may not be forever blacklisted on the airline


* Note, most details may have been simplified/paraphrased/modified slightly for dramatic effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment