Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Refueling mission to New York was a success

Being in New York for the last few days was amazing, thank you all of you that made the time to hangout!

The real reason* for being in New York was a return to mothership to refuel. There are certain things that are either impossible to find or so difficult to find in Mumbai that it's easier for me to fly back to New York and buy them. The following items being the most critical:

(1) Chapstick: Living in Mumbai is like alternating between a stove and a fridge. Either 90 degrees and humid (outdoors) or 60 degrees and extremely dry (indoors). You never know exactly what temperature you're going to be it, all you can be certain of is that you will always be mildly comfortable. This sort of temperature shift wreaks havoc on one's body and it is beyond me how no one in Mumbai uses chapstick.

(2) Glade plugins: Another product impossible to find here. The only reason I need it is b/c my office always smells like a combination of pinesol + varnish + paint thinner. Not sure what the overnight cleaning staff is doing, but they are only making things worse.

(3) Street meat: This is actually something I can find in India: the only problem is that I'm allowed to eat it India. When one has a craving for Rafiqi's in Midtown, only Rafiqi's in Midtown will do.



* For those you paying attention, you know the real real reason I was in New York. And yes, I passed the citizenship test! This means I'm coming back to New York in December for the ceremony.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! What was the test like?

    Also, "a return to mothership?" What has happened to you in India--did you start watching Babylon 5 or something? I doubt we ever would have caught you using some sci-fi metaphor before you left... Is this still the real Sri?

    ReplyDelete