Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monsoon, monsoon go away

The Monsoon has arrived. How do I know that it's the monsoon versus just normal rain? That's like asking me, how do I know it's the BP oil spill and not Bobby Jindal's hummer leaking petrol. I think everyone knows what rain looks like, this is what monsoon in Bombay looks like:




The monsoon inspires a Seussian* exasperation in me (and yes, it's only day of the 3-month monsoon) a la Green Eggs and Ham:

I could not, would not, in my house.
I would not, could not, want this douse.
I would not need it at the docks.
I would not want it on the rocks.
I would not want it here or there.
I would not want it anywhere.
I needn't have in this monsoon swam.
I do not like it, Sri-I-am.

Fortunately, I'm somewhat spared given my car has arrived and it's not coincidence that the nicer parts of the city are generally elevated (e.g. Malabar HILL, Cumbala HILL, AltaMOUNT Road, etc.)


* Random fact for those of you non-members of Gang Green, Dr. Seuss--Theodor Geisel--is a Dartmouth Alum!

1 comment:

  1. "That's like asking me, how do I know it's the BP oil spill and not Bobby Jindal's hummer leaking petrol."

    I heart you.

    ReplyDelete